The first iteration of the new user interface for Group Member Evaluation is available as a feature flag. The user experience and giving feedback has changed for both students and teachers. If enabled, teachers can select this new interface with a new setting at the 'give feedback' step.
The process of feedback has been altered for students, the main changes being:
- Students see all their peers/groups they need to review in one table, with the different review recipients as columns and the criteria and additional steps as rows.
- Instead of automatically trying to allocate the next peer to review, students can decide themselves when they want to start on the next review (unless decided by the teacher).
- The assignment overview for students shows the progress per review more clearly.
- The reflect step in the assignment overview for students shows a list of all reviewers one received feedback from.
- In case of feedback received from multiple reviewers, there is an overall column with the average ratings (self-assessment excluded).
- Improved flow of providing and receiving feedback on received reviews (review feedback).
- For teachers there's no need for a workaround to give additional feedback.