(26-08-2020) The next release is scheduled in approximately three days. The release will contain the following:
- Grouping and group synchronisation for Moodle (API integration)
- First iteration of new Group Member Evaluation review UX (feature flag)
- New collaboration option for Skill and Assignment Review
- Grading for the amount of comments in Discussion Assignment
Grouping and group synchronisation for Moodle (API integration)
Groups and group categories will now automatically get synced between Moodle and FeedbackFruits. Teachers can use the groups created in Moodle and use them in assignments without manually importing them.
The synchronisation of groups requires an extra level of integration into your Moodle environment. Our team will take care of this integration with your institution. This means that this feature will be available after this integration has been done, not immediately after the release.
First iteration of new Group Member Evaluation review UX (feature flag)
The first iteration of the new user interface for Group Member Evaluation is available as a feature flag. The user experience and giving feedback has primarily changed for both students and teachers. If enabled, teachers can select this new interface with a new setting at the 'give feedback' step.
The process of feedback has been altered for students, the main changes being:
- Students see all their peers/groups they need to review in one table, with the different review recipients as columns and the criteria and additional steps as rows.
- Instead of automatically trying to allocate the next peer to review, students can decide themselves when they want to start on the next review (unless decided by the teacher).
- The assignment overview for students shows the progress per review more clearly.
- The reflect step in the assignment overview for students shows a list of all reviewers one received feedback from.
- In case of feedback received from multiple reviewers, there is an overall column with the average ratings (self-assessment excluded).
- Improved flow of providing and receiving feedback on received reviews (review feedback).
- For teachers there's no need for a workaround to give additional feedback.
The video below shows what the review step will look like for students:
New collaboration option for Skill and Assignment Review
A third collaboration option has been added to Skill and Assignment Review. The teacher can now select this new grouping option that will be invisible to the students. The third option 'work individually, show as groups' will enable multiple of teachers to work in a single Assignment Review more easily as the students will be sorted by groups synced from the LMS.
The assignment will appear the same to the students as the 'work individually' option, however, the teacher will see the students grouped in tables, allowing them to sort and review students allocated to them.
Grading for the amount of comments in Discussion Assignment
The teacher can define how many points students get for contributing the minimum amount of comments on any of the submissions (including their own). It counts the comments (and replies) on both the discuss step and the open discussion.