(12-02-2020) The next release is scheduled within approximately 3 days. This release will contain the following:
- Improved comments layout for Participation Grading (beta, feature flag)
- Flag-to-teacher feature (beta, feature flag)
- Automatic grade items in Brightspace
- Announcement: Submitter Anonymity out of beta in the next release
- Various bug fixes and improvements
Improved comments layout for Participation Grading (beta, feature flag)
The comments in all the tools got a new, improved, layout. This allows for better visualisation of selecting and unselecting of comments for Participation Grading. Next to that the replies to review comments can now also be selected in participation grading.
Fig. 1: improved comments layout for Participation Grading
Flag-to-teacher feature (beta, feature flag)
This new feature allows students to flag posts to their teachers. The feature allows the students to select from 4 different reasons to report: inappropriate posts, an offensive post, suspicion of plagiarism or other. They can write a comment to support the reason for flagging the post. The teachers get a notification about the reported posts, after which they can easily review and delete them if necessary. The reporting of posts is anonymous to the teacher. In the video below you can see this feature in action. The flagging can happen at the following locations:
- Comments in the task overview of Discussion Assignment
- Comments in the individual documents in Discussion Assignment (including their replies)
- Comments in Interactive Study Material (including their replies), both in mini-cards and the sidebar
- Review comments in Feedback Assignments (both Peer Review and Group Member Evaluation) (including their replies)
- Annotations in Comprehension of Document/Video (including their replies)
- Comments in audience discussion in Interactive Presentation
Vid. 1: flag-to-teacher in action
Automatic grade items in Brightspace
We have improved compatibility with Brightspace grading, no longer requiring a grade item to be made in Brightspace before being able to grade from FeedbackFruits activities.
Announcement: Submitter Anonymity out of beta in the next release
In the release of March, the Submitter Anonymity feature will graduate out of beta. With this feature student handins are anonymous to their peers in Peer Review. If you want to test this functionality before March you can contact our support or Annika Borgstede to enable it for your account.