(02-11-2018) The next release is scheduled within approximately 3 days. This release will contain the following:
- Architectural improvements for use in LMS through API (allocation improvements Group Member Evaluation)
- Improvement criteria - sliders within assignment tools
- Overall improvements and bug fixes
Architectural improvements for use in LMS through API (allocation improvements Group Member Evaluation)
With the API enabled in your LMS, FeedbackFruits can take over groups and enrol students in groups before the assignment has started. However, until a student had become a FeedbackFruits user, the system wasn't able to visually show the teacher and teammates that this student was part of the group. Neither was it possible, in our Group Member Evaluation tool, to assign a student that hadn't been in the assignment yet, to a peer to be reviewed. With some architectural improvements, the user experience on this part has been improved.
This implies that when not using groups (independent of the tool):
- For Group Member Evaluation, all students of the LMS-course will be part of the assignment and will be assigned to a peer.
When having selected groups for your assignment, only the students from this group will have access to the assignment and will be visible as being part of the assignment in the Overall student progress overview.
- Within a Group Member Evaluation group assignment, peers are now directly assigned to a teammate and can start reviewing their first teammate right away.
- Student can see right away who their teammates are, without having to wait for their peers to take part in a FeedbackFruits assignment (to become a user).
- In the Overall student progress overview, as a teacher you can see which students are part of each group.
Improvement criteria - sliders within assignment tools
Visual improvement for when giving feedback and for the teacher to monitor the ratings that students provided. Especially the average of given ratings by multiple students on one criterion is now easier to read. The dots on the line indicate whole points.
Screenshot 1: Peer Review assignment, teacher view of average rating received on a criterion.
Overall improvements and bug fixes
Amongst other things, there architectural improvements have been made for feature flagging specific functionality per LTI consumer.